As Denis Gianoutsos states in his interview with Dale Beaumont, “leadership is about influence“. However, in order to influence in the correct manner and get great results, there are essential qualities that make one must make their own. Read on for a portion of this interview and discover essential qualities of a successful leader.
Denis is a global transformation leadership coach working for a large global IT services organisation. He also owns the company, Maximum Stretch Limited, and works with other organisations. His company consists of a team of strong leaders and offers services such as executive, leadership and team coaching and leadership development.
What do you think are the essential qualities or attributes of a successful leader?
Leadership is about influence and the following attributes help make that a reality:
- Attitude – they have the right attitude and positiveness with a future-focused mind-set.
- Be present – they listen to people and are present with them. They listen for the person’s potential, that is, they take interest in people.
- Serve – they will always follow the leader. At times a leader will be the follower as well as the leader. They will serve people first before their own agenda.
- Personal development – they always look for ways to improve and better themselves. The more equipped they are as leaders the better equipped their leaders will be. They are always on the cutting edge and hungry to grow.
- Consistent – they will strive to complete tasks on a consistent basis. If they say they are going to do something, they do it.
- Loyal – they always serve their leader and others before their personal agenda.
- Thick-skinned – they have the ability to handle hard times and get up from any knocks.
- Commitment – they get the job done no matter what is happening.
- Integrity – they are clear on their values and who they are.
- Helicopter view – they have the ability to see the whole picture and not get stuck in the detail. They have a vision that they share with others.
- Attraction – they will attract other leaders.
- Heart – they lead with their heart and not their head. They are passionate.
- Authentic – they have good values, right intentions and speak with authenticity. If they don’t, then people can see right through them and won’t follow them.
- Goal-setter – they know how to effectively set goals for themselves and their organisations and work with their leaders to do the same.
For more of this interview and the essential qualities of a leader check out “Secrets of Inspiring Leaders Exposed!“